Never before have I started something that has consumed most of my days and nights. I know I am not alone. I've seen others like me, lurking on photography sites, posting to photography message boards and forums, entering contests, etc. We are a unique breed.
Please feel free to add your own signs of photo-addiction in the comment section--I know this is not a complete list!
Signs You Are Addicted to Photography:
- You have dreams about editing your photos instead of your heart-throb Chris Isaak.
- You spend hours reading blogs like I Heart Faces, The Maternal Lens, Digital Photography School, The Pioneer Woman, and Clickin Moms instead of your stack of subscription magazines including; US Weekly, Real Simple and Martha Stewart.
- You go to bed reading your Photoshop manual instead of your book club book.
- Instead of a Coach purse what you really long for is an Epiphanie bag.
- You follow anyone on twitter that has "photo" as part of their name and you are thrilled when your followers count breaks 100 (it is actually 125 and rising).
- You really want to get to know Gary Fong and try out his diffuser.
- Instead of pricey baubles for your birthday or anniversary you want expensive lenses (the 24-70mm 2.8 would be nice).
- You tell your kids to stop watching YouTube Lego Star Wars Videos so that you can watch Canon tutorials.
- You spend the afternoon adjusting photos to make them just right and suddenly hotdogs for dinner really doesn't seem so bad (again!).
- You tweet, like, follow, subscribe and join-- just to increase your chances of winning a photography related giveaway (and sometimes it actually works--I won a I Heart Faces giveway last week!!!!).
- You know that a Pocket Wizard is not some pint sized Harry Potter character.
- You hope that more people than just your family will "like" you on Facebook.
- You are curious to know if fellow photographers are Team Canon or Team Nikon.
- You start using acronyms like SOOC, ISO, AV, RGB, ETTL, IS, PSD, AEB, AF, RGB, WB, and CF instead of PMS, LOL, TMI or WTF (actually, I never use WTF).
- When you think about getting some "action," you think of Coffee Shop and Florabella and not necessarily your husband (sorry luv).
Oh and it goes without saying, you have a blog where you chronicle your love for photography!