What is a Virtual Photowalk?
It’s a social photography event where photographers get together to walk around, shoot photos, and generally have fun with other photographers, or even solo. Since our readers are from all different parts of the world, we want to invite you to participate and share your photogaphy stories and techniques.
Our First Theme
Our first theme for inaugural Virtual Photo Walk is: OUR TOWN. The goal with this theme is to take up to 3 photos of your town from whatever perspective, angle, nuance or emotion you want to convey. Once you have picked your 1-3 photos, here's what's next:
- Between now and Friday April 15, Upload them to our free Flickr Pro account by linking here.
- The first time you link to this site, you will need to read our rules of engagement and "join" the Virtual Photo Walk group we created.
- Upload your photos in a batch, if possible.
- If you're not familiar with Flickr, here's a good tutorial to get started.
- You will be able to add a description about your photo. We would love it if you could capture the following details about your photo(s):
- Did you use any post processing techniques?
- Did you do anything unique to capture your shot?
- Tell us what you like about the photo, - such as, "it made me laugh," "I like the composition" and whatever else you like about the photo.
- We encourage everyone to view each other's photos and give friendly, constructive feedback. Something that tells more of the story about the photo.
And let us know what you think. Keep the dialogue going and give us suggestions on future themes. We can't wait to see what shots you've got!