We’re on the home stretch now for Project 365. Check out our 365 Flickr Collection. Our first foray into the world of Project 365 has been fantastic. It’s taught us a TON, including:
- Not all photos need to be frame-worthy.
- It’s about photos that tell a story, remind us of a moment in time, and keep us smiling.
- Using a camera every day keeps you cognizant of the snapshots in your day.
- There are a ton of apps out there that help you create special effects with your photos. They are free and fun.
- Flickr has been a great place to deposit our photos. Other people are free to comment on them and you can get inspiration from their photos.
- Every now and then, a chance photo such as “Koa’s Bunnies,” gets picked up and spreads to the photosphere. If it weren’t for Project 365 we would not have picked up that camera to take that ‘chance’ photo.
- “Cookie Splash” and “1000 Cranes for Japan” were inspired photos that taught us how to have fun with photos.
- And most of all, we’ve seen our year unfold before our eyes. Photos of family members shows ‘a year in the life’, memories of a place in time that will keep forever.
Will we continue with this project next year? At times I felt it was almost a chore to do it this year. But when I look back, I see what I’ve been able to capture and realize – these snapshots in time are pieces of my heart. Maybe Project 12 – a photo a month….?