This year I’m participating in Ali Edward’s One Little Word Project. I heard about this project through my blogging/photography communities and decided that this would be a great project to be a part of.
The idea is to pick a word for the year that will be your driving force…..your mantra.. a word that you can reflect upon as you go about your daily life. The word can be a thought, feeling, verb, or noun. It doesn’t really matter. The important part is finding a word that resonates with you.
After contemplating words like SIMPLIFY, BE, EXPLORE, CREATE, DREAM, EXPAND…… I decided on the word FOCUS. I think it stood out because I realized that the word list I was creating was all over the map and as much as I wanted to explore new ideas, I also wanted to simplify my life. So for me, FOCUS seemed to be the shoe that fit. It is a word that I can apply to my life in so many ways……..
- Focus on my photography business and the types of work I enjoy doing most (family and children’s lifestyle photography).
- Focus on the projects at hand before adding more to my plate–I think this is why I sometimes feel so scattered.
- Focus on my family–creating quality time without distractions.
- Focus on my friendships–new/old, in real life and online.
- Focus on what I’m doing right now…in this moment.