Trying to figure out what to wear for your head shot session? No need to stress, here are a few tips to help you pull together the perfect look……
- Be timeless…. Try to pick outfits that are not too trendy and that will not look dated in a year.
- No logos or large graphics…these tend to distract from your lovely face and we don’t want you to be walking advertisements.
- Layer…bring a sweater or scarf to add a bit of “texture” to your images as well as variety.
- Accessorize…. add color and interest with accessories but don’t let them overwhelm the outfit. We don’t want that HUGE chunky necklace to be the center of attention. Again, think complement. Headbands, scarves, and cardigans are all great ways to add a little extra pop.
- Patterns are great. Patterns and prints are terrific but make sure they are not too fine of a print or the pattern will look pixelated.
- Make-up….a little extra make-up is good for the camera but don’t go too heavy handed. If you feel like you could use a little extra assistance, consider hiring a professional make-up artist (it is more affordable than you think).
- Glasses…f you wear glasses-please note there might be a bit of glare. Non-glare glasses are ideal.
- The Right Fit….do not wear clothes that are too baggy as they add unwanted pounds and clothes that are too tight never look right.
- Hair…if you highlight your hair do so before the shoot so you don’t have roots. If you are in need of a haircut do that a week or two before the shoot so you can feel comfortable with your new do. And one tip that I love and used myself was to go to blow-dry bar and have your hair professionally styled.
And if you are interested in updating your profile picture for your website, LinkedIn, blog or Facebook page, please visit my website to see more examples of my work or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d love to work with you.