Like Kristina the past few years have provided me with a great education in photography. We are both Canon users through and through. Here is what I carry in my thinkTankphoto Airport Navigator bag, which I just love by the way. It carries everything I need for my photo sessions plus it's easy to navigate with its inline skate wheels. Whether I'm going across town or by plane, everything I need fits in this bag. I purchased a lot of my gear at B&H Photo where I often get free shipping and no sales tax since I'm outside of New York where they are located. I highly recommend opening up an account there because you can get a reward card based on your purchases.
Moving LEFT to RIGHT in the photo above:
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Autofocus Lens: I love the amazing aperture of this ridiculously inexpensive $99 f1.8 lens
- Lensbaby Spark: Excellent lens for creative, fun shots
- Lexar Multi-Card 25-in-1 USB 3.0 Memory Card Reader: Tremendous timesaver for quick, reliable downloads
- Lexar 32GB CompactFlash Memory Card Professional 1000x UDMA: When you are capturing those memorable photos, trust nothing but Lexar for the best memory cards for your camera.
- Jabra Cruiser: I keep one in my bag so I can hear my iPhone navigation directions and take calls handsfree
- Joby GorillaPod Focus + Ballhead X: This tripod fits anywhere you can imagine
- Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Zoom Lens - excellent for portraits, landscapes and close-ups
- Canon Flash - love this TTL flash
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Telephoto Zoom Lens great zoom lens but outstanding for portraits with very little aberration
- thinkTANKphoto Airport Navigator I am an affiliate so if you are thinking of buying one of these awesome bags click this link to get a free product with purchase!
- I always carry extra camera batteries and AA's for my Speedlite
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III DSLR Camera (Body Only) I thought I loved my Canon 5D Mark ii, but this is my new workhorse. I use it for video and still photography. Am-ah-zing in low light situations without a flash.
- Joby Ultra Fit Sling Strap this strap has saved my back literally from being achy after falling off a horse. But day-to-day it manages to carry the weight of even my heavy 70-200mm lens. This strap is a MUST for professional photographers as it distributes the weight but allows you to rapidly fire your camera at a moment's notice.
- My iPhone, pen and gum complete my bag of gear.
- NOT SHOWN: small bottle of hand sanitizer, chapstick and pocket change
If you have questions about any of the products above please email me at email@example.com.